Thursday 6 December 2007

Stardust

Saw the movie and like it for being an unpretentious fantasy movie.
I am subjective, seeing i adore a good story and the story wasn't even that good and the lines and dialogs weren't even that witty or the characters handsome ... still i love it
i walked away from it with a nice happy feeling
So this is what I wanted to say about it: it's very good for what it is!

I haven't heard any bad reviews about it. It fact I haven't heard much about it. And that is utterly unfair.It is a good movie.
An with all the larger than life fantasy epics out in the last few years (starting with LofR and ending with the fresh Golden Compass* ) Stardust seems to be lost in it.

Seeing I saw the movie over a month ago I lost most of my points since i kept trying to write about it . Well , seeing I'm still impressed by it after quite a while...I'm putting it down as one of the movies as like




*I already don't like the Golden Compass for a number of reasons: Nicole Kidman is it (and i so like Michelle Pfeiffer better) another being something I heard on the BBC about all this religious subtext it's suppose to have and lacks . It was described as an average, blank movie if you hadn't read the book and appalling if you had.

No comments: